Welcome to Garza County, Texas!

Home | Texas Department of Public Saftey | Write or e-mail a letter to your Congressman to support the Dalby Prison Facility | Employee Insurance Benefits | Mental Health Resources' | Permits for Building | County Commissioners | County Judge | County Attorney | County Clerk | Birth/Death | Sheriff | County Tax Assessor | County Treasurer's Office | County Extension | Garza County UWCD/County Programs | Constables | District Judge | District Attorney | District Clerk | Elections (Elecciones) | Maps | Emergency Management | Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1 | Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2 | Probation, Adult & Juvenile | Calendar & Holiday Schedule | Current Items Out for Bid

Marriage License

If you choose not to take the Twogether in Texas healthy marriage program, your marriage license application will cost $80.00.
Other marriage license fees are:
Declaration of Informal Marriage, $45.00
Certified Copy of Marriage License, $5.00
What you need to bring: 

1.         $80.00 (or $20 w/ TwoGether in Texas certificate) cash or money order.

2.         Identification. Both bride and groom must bring identification. Accepted forms of identification include:

- a certified copy of the applicant's birth  certificate; or

- a certificate, license, or document issued by this state, another state, the United States, or a foreign government.

3.         Social Security Number. You need not bring your social security card, but you must know the number.

4.         If you have divorced.

- and your divorce was final within the last 30 days, you must bring a certified copy of your divorce decree which states the thirty day waiting period has been waived.

-  and you wish to use your maiden name on the license, you will need to provide a certified copy of her birth certificate or a certified copy of her divorce decree that states her name is to be changed to her maiden name.

Planning to say "I do" soon?  Want to save money for your big day?  Want to learn to love for life?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, a Twogether in Texas marriage education class is waiting for you.

Texas now offers free marriage education classes around the state. Couples who complete a class will save $60 on their marriage license. The classes focus on helping couples develop communication and conflict resolution skills and other tools for a strong relationship.

After completing the class, you will get a certificate that you can take to your county clerk to save $60 on a marriage license. You will then just pay a local fee of $20.  And you won’t have to wait 72 hours to be married. The waiting period is waived for couples who complete the course.

For more information, click one of the links below.

TwoGether In Texas link

County Clerk

Jim Plummer, District and County Clerk james.plummer@co.garza.tx.us

Lina Rodriguez, Chief Deputy Clerk, lina.rodriguez@co.garza.tx.us

Mailing Address:  PO Box 366, Post, TX  79356

Physical Address:  Courthouse, 1st Floor, 300 West Main Street, Post, TX  79356

Phone:  806-495-4430

Fax:  806-495-4431


Open to the Public:  8:00 AM - 12:noon, 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday